Why work with Assurant?
Everyone at Assurant, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our uncompromising values. That’s why we created a culture where you’re free to bring thoughtful, caring attention to each customer or client, internally or externally. Whatever your position, your innovative thinking, common sense, integrity and actionable solutions, can make a real difference.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A fun, diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Mentoring programs
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
What's the role about?
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our front line Customer Experience Team in a permanent opportunity. Working a hybrid model between home and our Camberwell based office, the successful candidate would be responsible for providing a seamless customer journey. To deliver this customer experience the candidate would manage end to end claims processes including lodgement, adjudication and settlements of Insurance and Warranty claims. The successful candidate will have an interest in the case management of customer complaints, no two situations are the same and the successful candidate would be empowered to utilise their skillset to provide creative solutions that benefit both the customer and Assurant within their delegated authority.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Team Leader you would be responsible for:
- Delivering excellent service for all customers and suppliers, by providing timely and accurate response over the phone and via e-mail
- Resolving claims in the most cost effective and time efficient manner, whilst complying to all regulatory requirements
- Managing claim enquiries received via inbound / outbound calls and emails.
- Ability to coordinate administrative duties in between calls and emails
- Resolving customer complaints and/or objections within delegated authority to ensure best possible outcome for the customer and Assurant
- Working effectively in a team environment, collaborating with others and sharing knowledge and skills to achieve team goals and objectives
Does this sound like you?
- Previous Customer Service and/or Call Centre experience (desirable)
- Previous experience in insurance and warranty (desirable but not essential - we will train you!)
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn
- A pleasant and professional phone manner
- Great team player
- Ability to meet service levels and individual KPI’s
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Decision making skills and ability to problem solve
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
If you think you are a perfect fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.