Customer Service Associate, Amsterdam
Multilingual Speaker; Greek speaker + 1 other European language (Portuguese, German, Dutch, French)
Fixed term contract – 7 months
Assurant is one of the leading providers of automotive warranty and mobile device protection in Europe and serves over 11 million customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, dealerships, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers. As a partner, we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
Assurant Inc. (AIZ) is a Fortune 500 company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Its 15,000 employees serve over 300 million customers globally. Assurant supports diversity in the workplace and is a strong believer of the strategic value of inclusion.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues; you’ll be a decision maker, problem solver and innovator. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be from a large organisation but are looking for the next challenge. A hands on approach and attitude is essential as you will be working in a small Greek & European speaking team within a growing European organisation.
The purpose of the Customer Service Associate role is to be the first point of contact with our customers within the organization. A Customer Service Associate is responsible for providing a complete service to our customers which primarily is call taking but does include policy administrating, data upload and claims assessing of moderate complexity in line with the company’s standards.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to ;
- Maintains contact with customers and intermediaries in relation to questions about premium or policies. Carries out surveys in relation to customer satisfaction. Answers telephone calls -1st line- providing services to customers.
- Mailing setup; ensures that the customer get informed about their renewal
- Data upload including error correction
- Archives documents. Processes policies, requests and cancellations. Processes and controls commission statements. Processes data in intermediary administration. Maintain and display a thorough understanding of products, services and procedures.
- Keeping up-to-date with product knowledge. Supports actions in relation to introduction of new programs. Broad knowledge of companies’ products. Processes all administration regarding claim handling. Communicate information in a responsible, effective and timely manner (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes. Other duties as assigned. Supports actions in relation to introduction of new programs and initiatives.’
- Maintain effective skills by undertaking a variety of tasks ranging from call taking, policy administration and claims assessing
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Proficient in English, Greek & one other European language is essential - verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to multi-task, assess priorities and competently handle a variety of activities with a high-degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Negotiating skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Be able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of General Insurance
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about our opportunities within Customer Service, apply today via the application link: