Customer Service Associate, Amsterdam
Multilingual Speaker; Italian national + fluency in another European language, preferably German
Fixed term contract – 7 months
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
The purpose of the Customer Service Associate role is to be the first point of contact with our customers within the organization. A Customer Service Associate is responsible for providing a complete service to our customers which primarily is call taking but does include policy administrating, data upload and claims assessing of moderate complexity in line with the company’s standards.
Main responsibilities are ;
- Maintains contact with customers and intermediaries in relation to questions about premium or policies. Carries out surveys in relation to customer satisfaction. Answers telephone calls -1st line- providing services to customers.
- Mailing setup; ensures that the customer get informed about their renewal
- Data upload including error correction
- Archives documents. Processes policies, requests and cancellations. Processes and controls commission statements. Processes data in intermediary administration. Maintain and display a thorough understanding of products, services and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Proficient in English, Italian & German (or another European language) - verbal and written
- Excellent customer service and strong administration skills
- Ability to learn quickly with flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task, assess priorities and competently handle a variety of activities with a high-degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Negotiating skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of General Insurance is a benefit
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Premium free pension and WIA insurance
- Flexible Working
- A net fixed home - work travel allowance based on your travel distance
- A net fixed working from home allowance
- 28 holidays
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
To view a full list of the responsibilities and requirements, please visit the job description on the European Careers site.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.