As a Customer Service Representative (Bilingual Spanish) you’ll put your skills and talents along with our training to work as you review, research and process claim payments to funeral homes or beneficiaries after a loved one has passed. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven, and customer-focused. A Customer Service Representative will also handle in bound phone calls from funeral homes and loved ones requesting claim status or reporting a passing; as well as insured’s wishing to cash in or cancel their policies.
The Customer Service Representative position is full-time (40 hours/week). The work hours for this position can run anywhere between Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm CST. Based on business needs It may be necessary to work occasional overtime.
This is a work from home remote position.
Key Respons ibilities:
- Review, research, and analyze claim paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing payments.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (20-60 per day).
- Communicate through correspondence with team members and funeral homes regarding claim payment or required information using clear and simple language to ensure understanding.
- Processes cancellation requests.
- Research aged claims for proof of passing.
- Sets up and assign new policy numbers on older business.
- Requests medical records from doctor’s offices.
- Compares at need to preneed funeral contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to process a claim.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Call Center experience a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish