Customer Service Specialist
This role is onsite at our Miami location.
What is a Customer Service Specialist at Assurant?
The role of a Customer Service Specialist is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact and you care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
Now offering $500 in additional bonuses
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoys a challenge
- You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
What You Will Like
- The diversity - every day and every customer are different
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem-solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Monthly incentive plan option to earn additional $200-$300/month
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months up to $5000/annually
- Competitive paid time off
- Shift differential for nights and weekend
- Provide superior service to our customer who have purchased extended warranty contracts for wireless cell phone handsets.
- This role requires listening to our customer’s concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issue
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges
- A robust paid training environment that enables you to learn the business, the systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Strong attention to detail
- Love talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.