Overview of Position
This is a REMOTE position.
The role of a Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and our clients.
You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and Assurant is very much invested in your success in this role. Providing excellent customer service is top priority for us!
The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
What makes us different?
- We have various work schedules and pay shift differentials for night and weekend hours worked.
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months, up to $5000/annually
- Competitive paid time off, including holidays
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Receive in-bound calls from customers and provide superior service
- Listen to our customer’s concerns, solve problems, answer questions and work with them to find a resolution while showing empathy
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities and adjust priorities as requested
Note: This position does not involve cold calling/outbound calls related to solicitations, contract upgrades or sales of any kind
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 0-3 years of prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills, a love for talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and ability to think outside of the box to resolve them
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology
- Assurant provides a paid comprehensive training program to equip you with the tools and knowledge to meet our customers’ needs. As a condition of employment, you must attend all the required training to achieve an optimal learning experience and qualify for this role.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- A college degree and 0-1 years of work experience in an office, call center, or customer contact center environment
- Prior experience in a work from home position
- Bilingual in English/Spanish: the ability to speak, read and write the Spanish language fluently
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
- While working remotely, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
- This is a Full-time job. Assurant's hours of operation are 7 days a week, Monday through Sunday, 365 days per year including holidays. Work schedules are generally set for several months at a time but are subject to change based on business needs and we have periodic shift bids that help determine your work schedule. Interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule availability and flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com .
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com . For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.