Data Analyst/Business Unit Systems Analyst
The Data Analyst performs as the TPA (Third Party Administered) data subject matter expert in the development and deployment of new client programs to the AIM business system, and the migration of clients from the legacy business systems to AIM. Responsible for the review and deployment of client data during scheduled AIM month end completions. Compiles and/or executes database queries and performs Quality Assurance testing on system modifications/enhancements and conversions/migrations of client business to the database application. Identifies client data rejects and reasons. Works with client and internal staff in Underwriting, Marketing, and Actuarial to resolve the issues timely and accurately. Compiles client specific detailed Data Change Request (DCR) documents and works with AIM IT development to ensure and test the successful deployment of the DCR’s requested. Compiles and maintains documentation pertinent to TPA processes and control procedures and develops data flow diagrams. Provides support for TPA financial results and satisfies audit requests relative to assigned clients. Supports process improvement projects and provides feedback on suggested changes in processes to improve controls and efficiencies. Focuses on TPA clients and programs. Typically works independently under limited supervision.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Participate as the TPA data subject matter expert in the development and deployment of new client programs being on-boarded to the AIM business system and historical client program migrations from legacy business systems to the AIM business system. Review and/or compile system requirements/enhancements for handling client data in an efficient and standardized manner.
- Processes third party batch data for month end execution on the AIM databases, testing for data integrity and results of data validation edits. Reconciles client data to control totals and client remittances and analyzes variances from expected results.
- Identifies data reject reasons and works with the client and internal staff in Underwriting, Marketing, and Actuarial to mitigate data and/or table issues in a timely and accurate manner. Facilitates sessions to review rejects and develop the appropriate course of action required to mitigate same.
- Compiles and/or executes database queries and performs Quality Assurance testing to validate system modifications/enhancements and conversions/migrations of client business to AIM.
- Works with clients and other departments, including IT, Finance, Underwriting, Actuary, and Marketing, to ensure business processing requests are fulfilled timely and accurately.
- Compiles and maintains TPA process and procedure documentation and data flow diagrams. Recommend and propose to management changes and improvements to existing procedures and processes.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- B.S. in Accounting, Information Technology or Finance.
- 3 - 6 years technology, accounting or finance experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in IT, Data Analysis or Project Management.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Effectively manage changing priorities.
- Querying of relational databases (SQL preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Analytical mind set and desire to determine root causes for data anomalies.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Understanding of database theory and experience working with databases is preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint and Microsoft PowerPoint a plus.
- Experience with business systems and/or PeopleSoft or other Enterprise Resource Management system a plus.
- Insurance accounting experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Insurance terminology.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
This is a remote position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.