Overview of Internship:
Assurant Inc, a Fortune 500 company, is growing strong. As we prepare to meet increasing demands for our innovative products and services, we have an opportunity for a skilled, self-starter to join our Internal Audit Services (IAS) department as a part-time intern. IAS is an independent, objective group within the company that provides assurance and advisory assistance to company management. Additionally, IAS helps the company accomplish its objectives by providing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What makes us different?
- Long-term internships
- Flexible Part-time Hours 20 - 25 hours/week
- Set your own hours between Monday - Friday
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Audit efficiency and effectiveness of business and Data Analytics operations
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations (i.e. Sarbanes – Oxley)
- Primarily work on Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) audits
- Attend walkthrough meetings to assist with testing of key IT dependent SOX controls and IT General Controls (ITGCs)
- Document test results
- Identify and evaluate instances where control objectives are not being met
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student pursuing a degree in IT, Business, MIS, or Data Analytics
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Word, Lucidchart)
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.