Data Analytics Intern
Overview of Position
We are seeking a Data Analytics Intern to come join our team to help us in strategy, transformation, and value creation activities. The ideal candidate will assist the Data Analytics team in developing deeper analytical tools for our clients and in implementing creative internal solutions for specific business problems.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist the Data Analytics Team by performing data collection, data analysis, and reporting for proving or disproving certain hypothesis
- Assist with analyzing and developing innovative new and/or existing process changes
- Manage Excel spreadsheets for data analysis to support various projects
- Effectively identify key insights and present recommendations for improvements
- Perform root cause analysis
- Build PowerPoint presentations and present insights from given analyses to the leadership team
- Participate in brainstorming sessions around the creation of new solutions
- Assist in the documentation of standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Develop informal and formal business relationships and establish collaborative partnerships
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum currently enrolled in graduate program in Business Management, Data Analytics, Statistics, or related program of study.
- 2 years of strong Excel and PowerPoint experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in data extraction, organization and analysis using Excel or equivalent tools
- Strong visualization/presentation skills
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.