- Solicits and secures profitable agreements with auto dealerships using the Assurant Solutions sales process; services Finance and Insurance (F&I) department at dealerships; implements sales and service procedures and monitors effectiveness; determines effectiveness of sales and service efforts and modifies approach as deemed necessary; conducts necessary training and development to strengthen agreements with dealerships and adds value to Assurant in the market.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Solicits and secures profitable agreements with auto dealerships through the use of cold calls, referrals and other methods that attract new business.
- Leverages the Assurant sales process to build value to the relationship, identify problems and possible needs, present appropriate solutions and secure profitable agreements.
- Maintains an appropriate data base of prospects and clients and reports progress to Director on agreed time-frame.
- Services dealership accounts to assure customer satisfaction with products and services
- Addresses problems, evaluates alternatives and implements appropriate solutions.
- Trains and develops dealer personnel at auto dealerships to achieve desired results.
- Monitors production of Assurant products, such as Vehicle Service Contracts, and implements means to enhance and maximize sales.
- Organizes and conducts sales and other meetings for the dealerships as necessary to achieve desired results.
- Checks supplies at the dealerships and replenishes as required.
- Monitor dealership Sales Process and make proper recommendations as necessary.
- Isolates Finance and Insurance (F&I) problems within the dealerships and implements corrective action.
- Promotes the sale of all Assurant products and services.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Develops programs and methods designed to promote the products and services offered by Assurant and its subsidiaries.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations to potential dealers for Assurant Solutions products and services.
- Ensures dealerships begin writing business and reach the desired penetration levels.
- Recommend potential products and services and discuss it with Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing or Business-related field or equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; self-starter.
- Minimum of five (5) years total experience in an automotive dealership.
- Two (2) years as a successful Finance and Insurance Manager, or
- Three (years) as an experience Account Executive Manager in an Automobile F&I Product-related industry.
- Working knowledge of computer and software programs.
Environment/Physical Demands : This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.