Desktop Engineer / Technical Support Administrator
Location; Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire
Remote Working Opportunities Available
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
We are recruiting for a Desktop Engineer / Technical Support Administrator to join our global ICS team. Reporting to the Head of Platform Operations, you will provide efficient IT Services & Support for all staff across Assurant Europe. This includes;
- Support internal customers desktop environment (hardware, operating systems & applications)
- Support all aspects of Assurant on site IT Infrastructure.
- Ensuring that all escalated incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements.
- Ensure the security or Assurant's IT Infrastructure and Disaster Recovery provisions are tested and meet our requirements.
- Provide business lead and IT change request, work requests and projects as assigned.
You will deliver the continued provision of business-critical systems and information.
This is primarily an on-site role based at Assurant Mitcheldean with occasional travel to other Assurant UK and European sites. It will require working on an on-call basis to provide out of hours support. There is flexibility to work from home approx. 1 week in 3
Other responsibilities include;
- Provide IT services and support to ~1700 users across 12 sites, outsourced partner locations and 3rd party facilities.
- Ensure that all own and direct teams' incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements.
- Ensure accurate and detailed recording in IT Service Desk tools.
- Maintaining and supporting all site-specific IT infrastructure.
- Take ownership of incidents and requests, to identify causes, implement fixes and keep customers updated.
- Analyse incident and request trends to identify IT Service improvement to 1). Improve IT Service level agreement, 2) Reduce IT costs, 3). Improve customer satisfaction and perception of IT, and 4). Improve use of technology.
- Act as a technical resource on technical and business-related projects and changes.
You will have the following skills;
- Experience working in a similar role for a multi-site organisation of at least 1000 end-users.
- Experience working in a medium to large IT team for a non-IT company in the financial or insurance industry.
- Certification in recognised technical training.
- A qualification or knowledge in their area of technical specialty.
- ITIL knowledge.
- Valid driving license
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.