What is the role about?
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will be providing Level 1-2 technical support to 150+ users across Australia. This will be an onsite role to begin with and over time can transition to a hybrid fashion. Working with wider experienced team that will be there to support and mentor the successful candidate, the day-to-day responsibilities will include providing technical assistance and support both on-site and remote.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Respond to support requests via Service Now, providing Level 1 onsite support for local and remote team members electronically, in person or via phone
- Run diagnostic programs, isolates problems, determine and implement a long-term solution.
- Work alongside Senior Engineers assisting in complex IT projects
- Document and record work instructions in the IT knowledge database to support knowledge sharing with other team members
- User administration including adding, changing and deleting user accounts
- Escalate major incidents to Local and Global Assurant Engineers for resolution and provide ongoing end-user notification
- Ability to work flexibly onsite Monday – Friday, between business operations hours which may span outside the traditional 9 am - 5 pm
Does this sound like you?
- Certification or relevant experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or a similar area with knowledge of computers, systems and networking.
- 2 years of technical experience in supporting users and computer networks
- Computer hardware experience i.e.: installing memory, hard drives, video cards, batteries, Monitor, printer, scanner, phone, webcams, external speaker setups and deployment.
- Excellent customer service – professional, empathetic, helpful with a positive attitude, who is proactive in finding solutions and follows up with customers.
- Ability to document process to help build and maintain current knowledge base.
- Skilled communication acumen both orally and written, service oriented, ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Willingness to learn and develop, to get to a point in time to carry out work requirements with minimal guidance.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, on-premise and cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve or enhance current business functions and practices.
Why work with Assurant?
Everyone at Assurant, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our uncompromising values.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
When you join Assurant, you will be part of a community that cares. A diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Mentoring programs
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
Please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of this successful team, apply now!
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.