We’re looking for an energetic and intuitive Digital Learning Developer for our expanding Marketing Integration Team. We’re not your traditional training developers! This team is comprised of individual contributors who interact extensively with cross-functional teams within Assurant to drive results for Assurant’s top tier clients.
As a Digital Learning Developer, you’ll be responsible for creating unique and engaging online learning programs to enhance the performance of our clients in sales and customer service.
You’re the perfect candidate for this role if:
- You’re great at storytelling and have a creative eye
- You’re a team player and can collaborate with broad cross-functional teams
- You can make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- You have a proven track record in driving projects forward and ensuring deadlines are always met
- You have experience with developing and implementing creative and engaging online training programs to increase employee effectiveness on the job using job-specific tools using various eLearning authoring, video production and animation software.
- You can uncover and grasp business needs and identify operational opportunities to create reusable content
- You’ve got an eye for detail and ensure accuracy, consistency and clarity in all your work
- You’re creative – not only as it pertains to design and development, but also when it comes to problem-solving
- You’re analytical and resourceful and know when to escalate issues to management for support and/or resolution
- You understand how to effectively navigate processes within large organizations and/or within regulated industries
- You’re not afraid to get involved with routine administrative tasks, including reporting to leadership, as needed
Sound like a good fit? Here’s some other important aspects of the role.
You’d be responsible for:
- Conducting needs analysis and developing interactive and engaging eLearning modules and games to include activities, quizzes, animated videos and tracking mechanism that can be accessed via multiple platforms.
- Designing new technical layouts and templates that incorporate feature enhancements to increase functionality and ease of use for customers.
- Producing, editing and updating video (animation, motion and explainer) and/or audio for use in training programs; records and optimizes voice-overs for training programs.
- Creating supporting visuals effects and motion graphics for online tool and eLearning/game development.
- Driving legal/compliance and client approval processes for all content deliverables
So far, so good? Here’s what you’ll enjoy about this job:
- The people – we care and support each other as a team
- The excitement – we’re an innovative company constantly seeking ways to continue to bring value to our clients and consumers
- The opportunity – you’ll be regularly challenged to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 global company
- The flexibility – we have a hybrid virtual/in-office work environment
This is what we consider the basic qualifications:
- A minimum of three to five years in online learning and training tool development.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines requiring creative thinking and high problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, making decisions based on incomplete or non-existing information.
- Build relationships with clients and internal associates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform duties.
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Ability to learn computer applications quickly.
- Ability to build storyboards for training programs.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Passion, energy, a positive mindset, and a “can-do” attitude
- Experience using Microsoft O365 tools including Outlook, OneNote, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Articulate 360 (Rise and Storyline)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Captivate
- Basic video production with Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge of eLearning standards such as SCORM, AICC and xAPI.
- Ability to create role-based scenarios using elearning development tools
- Strongly preferred proficiency in manipulating interactive content – examples might include advanced learning activities, adaptive testing, games, digital storytelling, and simulations using standard application
This is what we’d consider the cherry-on-top (i.e., preferred experience, skills and knowledge):
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Spanish)
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Basic HTML and CSS.
- Intermediate Photoshop for graphical design
- Graphic design and 3D modeling experience a plus
- Basic AR/VR/MR development experience
- Basic audio production with Adobe Sound Effects and Audition
- Basic knowledge of Vyond animated video creation tool
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.