Digital Marketing Manager
This job requires a self-motivated, e-commerce digital marketing expert with a proven track record in the areas of email communications, customer acquisition and other digital marketing channels.
The Direct to Consumer (D2C) Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting ecommerce business, selling multiple products/services, to achieve sales goals in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
The position will serve as a digital email expert by coordinating all aspects of an email strategy including but not limited to development, execution, metrics, and any related marketing activity. This role will liaise between Enterprise Marketing teams, Line of Business (LOB) owners, legal, privacy, risk/compliance, operations, CX and all other related operational areas.
Location: This is a remote position. If candidate lives in an area where there is an Assurant office, there may be occasional meetings onsite.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years related experience in email marketing. Experience must include direct to consumer email marketing.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in digital marketing.
- Experience with managing project leads/managers across the organization.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise working in email service providers – (Sales Force Marketing Cloud is a plus) and writing HTML
- Must possess excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Requires proven project management skills.
- Strong computer skills a must, including Outlook; Excel; MS Word; database query tools; MS PowerPoint, etc.
- Track record of planning and executing both small and large-scale projects.
- Must have experience building strong and credible relationships with customers.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Lead development of web and email communications strategies and campaigns in support of ecommerce goals related to customer acquisition, nurture & retention, list growth, conversion/sales, cross-sell, and experience management.
- Manage list segmentation and develop segmentation strategies to improve metrics and to ensure that key marketing messages engage, educate, and motivate targeted audiences.
- Manage every aspect of the campaign execution: strategy, resources management, timelines, programming, QA, all approval processes, analysis, and reporting.
- Lead tech stack development as systems expert for email and marketing automation and continuously evaluate emerging technologies to provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Successfully implement email programs on email service platform, including but not limited to campaign setup, HTML, and data handling.
- Manage all aspects of vendor/agency partnerships (if applicable) from engagement to evaluation.
- Continuously evolve targeting/communication strategies to drive higher returns through test & optimization techniques e.g., subject lines/headers, messaging, images, offers, frequency, segments, etc.
- Create reports, perform campaign analysis, and present findings and optimization recommendations to continuously improve key performance metrics.
- Regularly monitor the competitive landscape to ensure marketing strategies remain at the forefront.
- Works with a broad cross-functional team to help manage/execute marketing initiatives.
- Assist with strategy and execution of a variety of marketing channels including but not limited to organic and paid acquisition channels, content creation, content curation, lead generation campaigns, affiliate, social and more.
- Develop/execute short- and long-term goals and plans for areas of responsibility; develop, secure approval of, and administer an operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans. Provide information for annual budgets; schedule expenditures; allocation methodology; analyze variances; and initiate corrective actions.
- Develop and improve upon process for email programs and other marketing campaigns or initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with and advise key stakeholders to identify synergies, gaps, and opportunities for shared services opportunities.
- Research developments in the fields related to areas of responsibility by pursuing programs of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporate advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, multi-task, and follow-up as necessary, with minimal direction, in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to interact with and present to Associates at all levels including senior/executive management.
- Communications and Media – knowledge of creative development and web development processes and procedures, as well as communication and dissemination techniques and methods. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.