Digital Marketing Manager
This job requires a self-motivated, e-commerce digital marketing expert with a proven track record in the areas of all digital marketing channels.
Primary responsibility of the D2C Digital Marketing Manager is leading strategy and execution, of various marketing initiatives for D2C lines of business.
Additionally, the position will be responsible for curating content and overseeing its dissemination through multiple marketing channels.
This role will liaise between the Enterprise Marketing teams, LOB business owners, legal, compliance, risk, CX and all other related operational areas, and will focus on supporting D2C initiatives with world-class campaign execution.
Location: This is a remote position. If candidate lives in an area where there is an Assurant office, there may be occasional meetings onsite.
- Lead content curation, development, and distribution/execution for various marketing channels and through various entities including but not limited to: the line of business, product team, agencies, internal copywriting and creative teams, as well as authoring some content as needed
- Distribution in D2C channels and replicating/guiding best practices for client integrations (B2B2C) with client marketing team
- Working to ensure a consistent customer experience across digital marketing channels and properties and includes some copywriting and proof reading.
- Liaise with D2C Digital Marketing email team members and agencies to develop web and email communications strategies and campaigns in support of ecommerce goals related to customer acquisition, nurture & retention, list growth, conversion/sales, cross-sell and experience management.
- Lead digital PR and social strategy and execution - including social property, and campaign development along with publishing content and engaging with customers
- Manage every aspect of the campaign execution: strategy, resources management, timelines, programming, QA, all approval processes, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage all aspects of vendor/agency partnerships (if applicable) from engagement to evaluation.
- Continuously evolve targeting/communication strategies to drive higher returns through test & optimization techniques
- Partner with head of D2C marketing to lead and manage all phases of digital marketing initiatives including strategy, planning, budget, implementation, execution, analysis and optimization.
- Create reports, perform campaign analysis, and present findings and optimization recommendations to continuously improve key performance metrics.
- Regularly monitor the competitive landscape to ensure marketing strategies remain at the forefront.
- Works with a broad cross-functional team to help manage/execute marketing initiatives.
- Assist with strategy and execution of a variety of marketing channels including but not limited to organic and paid acquisition channels, email, content curation, lead generation campaigns, affiliate, and more.
- Develop/execute short- and long-term goals and plans for areas of responsibility; develop, secure approval of, and administer an operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans. Provide information for annual budgets; schedule expenditures; allocation methodology; analyze variances; and initiate corrective actions.
- Develop and improve upon process for email programs and other marketing campaigns or initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with and advise key stakeholders to identify synergies, gaps, and opportunities for shared services opportunities.
- Research developments in the fields related to areas of responsibility by pursuing programs of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporate advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in Digital Marketing including social, digital pr, paid and content development. Experience must include direct to consumer social or PR marketing.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in digital marketing.
- Experience with managing project leads/managers across the organization.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Background in marketing, ecommerce, digital solutions strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Requires proven project management skills.
- Strong computer skills a must, including Outlook; Excel; MS Word; database query tools; MS PowerPoint, etc.
- Track record of planning and executing both small and large-scale projects.
- Must have experience building strong and credible relationships with customers.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, multi-task, and follow-up as necessary, with minimal direction, in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to interact with and present to Associates at all levels including senior/executive management.
- Communications and Media – knowledge of creative development and web development processes and procedures, as well as communication and dissemination techniques and methods. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Experience with HTML and Content Management Systems
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other web analytics tools