The Director of Customer Experience is responsible for developing customer- and client-centric strategies and driving tactics to deliver the strategy. This role will be instrumental in helping define and build a world-class customer and client experience center of excellence. The role will drive cultural change, will be a key influencer, and work across functions and sites to deliver great customer and client experiences. The Director of Customer Experience will report to an AVP or VP Customer Experience.
This is a remote opportunity and can be based anywhere within Canada.
Customer Experience Roadmap Execution: (50%)
- Utilize and lead team to utilize appropriate CX methods and tools to understand and measure end-to-end customer experiences for areas of responsibility
- Identify and lead team to identify and act on areas of opportunity for improvement, reduction of waste, digital shift, efficiency and/or reduction of pain points
- Evaluate, recommend and lead implementation of best in class voice of the customer (VOC) programs
- Lead all aspects of experience measurement, data collection, internal/external research, detailed data collection and analysis, and improvement recommendations, including cost benefit analysis and controls/measurement for CX efforts
- Work with key business leaders and stakeholders to appropriately prioritize key efforts to drive improvement within areas of responsibility
- Establish management routines & agile ways of working to drive business stakeholder adoption of customer experience best practices
- Create, maintain and lead team to documentation of CX artifacts, information/data architecture and appropriate documentation repositories for areas of responsibility
- Support business-led programs and projects for areas of responsibility in close collaboration with key stakeholders; establish strong cross-functional relationships in order to implement improvement initiatives
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver customer experience and business-led initiatives; be accountable for the successful end-to-end project management and delivery of key customer experience efforts
Leadership of CX Team (20%)
- Coach, lead, and mentor team of customer experience professionals in executing on the CX roadmap while continually developing diverse talent for the future via practitioner acumen and individual development plans.
- Leads team to drive improvement to customer experiences, enhance voice of customer measurement / metrics, manages team workload, priorities and intake.
- Leads and guides team and stakeholders to build differentiated customer experiences that create client and consumer value and satisfaction, retention, growth, and operational efficiency building on voice of the customer feedback (both quantitative and qualitative) and connecting the dots with operational metrics reflective of the customer experience.
Drive Adoption of CX Practices and Principles (20%)
- Serve as the customer experience subject matter expert and change agent/catalyst within areas of responsibility to drive and sustain culture changes with all stakeholders and partners.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including but not limited to sales and marketing, product development, technology, customer research and operations to drive customer success.
- Drive adoption of CX practices to continually identify evolving customer needs, wants and the priorities customers place on them to help the organization continue to win today and stay ahead of the competition.
- Drive end-to-end implementation of change.
- Develop and drive alignment to core KPI measurements including refinement of metrics used across experience touchpoints as well as cost benefit analysis for CX initiatives for both traditional and new business models.
CX Strategy and Roadmap Support (10%)
- Assist in developing overall CX strategy & roadmap for areas of responsibility
- Define and execute voice of customer strategy and roadmap for areas of responsibility, including optimization of listening activities
- Define target state for experiences and touchpoints within areas of responsibility
- Develop roadmap for, hold team accountable to, and document accomplishment of milestones to achieve target state
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA a plus)
- 7-10 years of increasingly accountable leadership roles in developing and executing on customer/client experience strategies in B-to-B, B-to-C or B-to-B-to-C companies, leading product management, leading six sigma change initiatives, strategy/management consulting and/or product commercialization efforts
- Six sigma master black belt or black belt
- Proven track record of establishing the customer experience strategy
- Established and operated voice of the Customer programs (collecting feedback, analyzing, reporting, customer follow-up, insights on what actions are needed)
- Part of a dedicated, customer experience organization that drove improvements
- Very knowledgeable of how to drive cultural change leveraging change management disciplines
- Has effectively shown linkage between employee and customer satisfaction
- Strong at implementing sustained employee behavior changes
- Strong empathy and passion for customers
- Implemented improvements in business that led to improved customer experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills and the ability to influence large, diverse groups through fact-based analysis and decision-making; ability to do basic analytics in excel
- Requires the ability to set priorities, plan, execute, meet deadlines and consistently produce high quality work
- Requires strong process management experience in complex and ambiguous environments with ability to analyze and improve processes
- Results and execution-oriented with ability to manage multiple large projects
- Requires the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced organization
- Demonstrated passion and experience leading change and inspiring teams to deliver an integrated and high quality customer experience
- Exceptional cross-functional leadership skills with partnership experience across functional teams; strong team player
- Self-starter with attention to detail
- Strong track record of driving business outcomes
- Requires excellent, oral, written and presentation skills to communicate with management, customers, product lines, and other employees of the organization
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.