The Director of Materials & Logistics ensures the acquisition, accuracy, safekeeping, and efficient movement of inventory throughout the Device Care Center (DCC). In addition to owning the inventory movement and production control process within the DCC. This role is also responsible for leading the Purchasing and Order Management process. Purchasing requires effective controls and good judgement for effective vendor management, Order Management balances customer needs vs available inventory while production control dictates the production priorities.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Leads a multi-level team of 50+ including 9 direct reports
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and disciplines and discharges personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter
- Manages the standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates according to such standards and delegates these responsibilities to managerial and supervisory personnel as appropriate
- Creates and maintains processes that provide solutions for various internal and external customer demands
- Provides technical and operational support during the business development process and new customer acquisition
- Develop and establish document controls to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Establish, track, and analyze departmental reports / measurements and present findings as appropriate
- In consultation with superior and subordinate supervisory personnel as appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals and plans for areas of responsibility
- Develops, secures approval of, and administers an operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans
- Ensures adherence to and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policy and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area services
- Serves as liaison with other organizational department leaders; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company’s overall business fulfillment system
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in any business or related discipline
- Fifteen (15) years materials / inventory control experience in a fast paced, high volume (approximately 8,000+ SKU’s) manufacturing/repair environment with at least five (5) years of data interpretation / analysis and logistics experience
- Ten (10) years leadership experience with at least five (5) years’ experience managing supervisory personnel
- Knowledge of serialized inventory and warehousing processing procedures
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Master of Science, Business Administration
- APICS CPIM designation
- Requires the ability to direct and manage through multiple teams
- Highly skilled inventory control leader with extensive strategic and tactical experience, results-oriented, high energy, high urgency, and embraces effective change
- High level of customer interaction; frequent interruptions and re-prioritization of projects based upon customer needs, working under deadlines, creative thinking, working on multiple projects simultaneously, and ability making decisions based on various levels of information
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office product line as well as other Windows software tools
$135,100.00 - $225,700.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.