The Operations Director ANZ provides effective leadership and direction to operations teams, proactively leveraging their knowledge and expertise to establish best practice, cost efficient operations, ongoing refinement of processes, and the creation and execution of strategies to support delivery of the business objectives, goals, and client experience targets and measures.
Key deliverables and responsibilities for the role include:
- ensuring country operations are positioned for profitable growth
- scalable processes and systems to respond quickly to new opportunities
- providing a superior end-to-end journey for customers, clients and partners
- delivering strong foundational operations activities, specifically the onboarding of new clients and programs, call centre management, claims adjudication, and service network management
- leading, inspiring and developing the operations team for ongoing success and culturally engaging modern work environment
The Operations Director will also need to meet and fill various regulatory requirements including but not limited to the Agent in Australia & New Zealand.
As the Operations Director for ANZ, you will be responsible for:
- Leading all Auto and Connected Living lines of business including the operational platform in our new Auburn Device Care Centre, working closely with the Supply Chain function
- Refining the Australia and New Zealand operational processes to deliver on contracted client service level agreements and measures.
- Partner with senior management in the implementation of key strategic initiatives to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the level of service provided to clients and customers.
- Deliver operations best practices across multiple lines of business and product streams within the business, driving standardization to reduce the use of non-standard processes and setups.
- Provide thought leadership pertaining to service level management, advancing Enterprise Operations and LOB leadership to adopt best practices.
- Partner with the business development team to ensure understanding of the proposals presented to clients, the progress of deal negotiations and the timelines by which the deals will be signed, including implementation timeline expectations.
- Participate in the deal team presentations as required to present the approach to prospective clients and subsequently work closely with clients to align approaches, timelines and milestone deliverables.
- Manage efficient real-time service level attainment and maximize resource efficiency.
- Ensure KPI’s and SLA’s, budgets, and contractual client requirements are achieved
- Coach, develop, and grow team members to drive individual and business performance
- Create a culture of feedback across the Operations department, and strong relationships across functions and lines of business
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years of related business operations experience
- Delivered in customer-focused senior leadership positions where the customer experience journey is continuously assessed, analysed, and data used to inform processes improvements.
- Skilled at translating client/customer needs to company policies, procedures and process flow maps.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact and build relationships to effectively influence across teams and functional partners.
- Ability to appropriately challenge and push for results.
- Self-motivated to work to complete multiple projects/tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proven ability to build talent and develop strong working relationships with business partners.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment, requiring prioritization and multi-tasking skills to support both strategic and tactical needs from ideation through execution.
- Ability to lead and inspire across multiple physical and remote locations and manage diverse elements of complex projects/processes for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results.
- Experienced operational leader in Financial Services / Insurance or related industries
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Program
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks company paid parental leave, and accrued Superannuation contributions while on unpaid leave
- Hybrid work model - 3 days onsite, 2 days remote
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.