Job Purpose :
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Director, People Business Partner supporting our York, PA, wireless Repair and Logistics and Asset Disposition business. This dynamic and fast paced light manufacturing and logistics organization helps our clients manage their supply of returned mobile devices and processes, refurbishes and repairs millions of devices received through our insurance programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director People Business Partner, the incumbent, serves as a credible, visible and value-added partner to managers and employees by facilitating the deployment of human resources plans and programs to support achievement of business results. Through consultative guidance and support of assigned clients the Director, People Business Partner adds value by helping individuals and the organization achieve peak performance and results.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Working across our matrixed People Organization - which includes Talent, Total Rewards & Wellbeing, Strategic Enablement & Chane and People Experience Center - the Director, People Business Partner develops integrated approaches to define and address client needs. This includes identifying, building and deploying required organizational capabilities, structures, processes, and behaviors. More specifically, the incumbent will deliver solutions in direct response to the needs of our York, PA, operation across the following disciplines:
- Talent Acquisition
- Culture / Employee Engagement
- Organizational Change
- Talent Development
- Succession Planning
- Performance Management
- Learning and Performance
Examples of the use of knowledge in the disciplines above would include:
- Enhance employee engagement to promote a customer focused culture
- Plan and implement ongoing front-line manager development programs / interventions
- In collaboration with Talent Acquisition, assist in creating and deploying recruiting plans to address staffing needs
- Partner with managers to develop and implement plans to minimize unwanted attrition
- Complete, in collaboration with Total Rewards, local pay competitiveness reviews
- Create and implement change management plans to support local transformation initiatives
- Identify and track location specific HR metrics (leading and lagging) to inform decision making and drive continuous process improvement
- Assist business leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards
- Provide effective advice and coaching to managers to reinforce leadership skills
- Contribute to HR and cross functional initiatives
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organization development or related disciplines
- 6 years of HR experience, 1 - 2 of which should include creation and implementation of people strategies and programs within a manufacturing or logistics (warehousing) P&Ls
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to multi-task; must have a demonstrated track record of implementing HR plans / programs
- Advanced consulting and influencing skills
- Strong collaboration skills; experience operating in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate up, down, and across to a variety of constituencies (P&L owners, directors, front-line managers and employees), both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and experience in core HR functional areas (i.e., staffing and recruiting, employee relations / engagement, learning and development, benefits, etc.,)
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of continuous learning and skill development
Environment/Physical Demands : This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel: Minimal Travel, 10%.
Schedule : The incumbent must be able to work flexible hours to include “off shift” hours.
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.