This role is responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of product integration and engineering initiatives. This includes leading a dedicated engineering team, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and communicating progress to stakeholders. This position also plays a key role in ensuring that integration and engineering initiatives are aligned with the company’s overall business strategy and objectives.
This is an onsite role in our La Vergne TN office.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Create product development and integration plans for new products, enhancements on existing products, and bug fixes
- Partner with product owners and clients to guarantee deliverables meet or exceed quality expectations and are shipped on time
- Create and implement engineering processes and procedures
- Coordinate across team lines to manage, track, and deliver outcomes while evaluating and managing trade-offs
- Regularly communicate progress and challenges to stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle using quantitative metrics
- Track progress against product launch milestones, highlight blockers, track risks and mitigation plans, as necessary
- Ensure product activities are aligned with department’s overall business strategy and objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including business leaders
- Lead, mentor, and set priorities for a global engineering team in a manner where deliverables exceed expectations
- Ensure products and/or their features are delivered on time and within budget
- Hire, manage, and develop engineering talent while maintaining a high-performing culture
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline
- 7 years of experience in software engineering
- 4 years of experience in a leadership role
- 3 years of experience programming in languages such as Python, C#, Java, Go, etc.
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor software engineers, maintain architectural vision and product quality.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Advanced degree in technical or business discipline
- 10 years of experience in software engineering
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role
$116,900.00 - $195,300.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.