Director, Software Engineering
Mobile devices are the lynchpins in the connected ecosystem. They connect your customers to almost every other piece of smart technology in their homes and cars, and they act as day-to-day communication systems for work, social networking, and information sharing. When a smartphone is broken, damaged, or lost, the importance of a premium customer experience can’t be overestimated.
Assurant’s mobile device protection program is designed to deliver superior repair and replacement results quickly to keep your customers connected to their daily lives. As the only vertically integrated provider that owns and integrates every stage of the device lifecycle, we deliver a seamless experience with dynamic claims fulfillment, award-winning customer service, and advanced diagnostic tech support. That means our customers get back up and running faster, more conveniently, and without hassle. Join the Connected Living software engineering team to leverage modern cloud technologies to solve customer problems around the globe.
We want you for your passion for technology, your curiosity and willingness to learn, your ability to communicate well in a team environment, your desire to make our team better with your contributions and your ability to deliver.
- Be a great manager - mentor, and leader of the team and broader organization. You will manage a team of between 10 and 15 developers that are building the next generation business applications.
- Be customer obsessed - Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers who need to reach to changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Great product sense - deep understanding of the broader product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goal in an evolutionary way is critical.
- Be a great engineer - You will be accountable to the design, implementation, schedule, delivery, of your team and services. Doing this in an efficient way is a must.
- Earn respect - This is a technical position and the ideal candidate should be capable of working in the code, supporting the service, and understanding at a detailed level how the software works.
- Be the software architect. We will look to you to have an informed opinion about what and how the software should evolve and can land your plan in the division. In short, we are looking for some great engineers to come and do what great engineers truly love to do: solve important problems by building great software?
- Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.).
- 3+ years of people management experience in a product development environment
- Knowledge of end-to-end Software development lifecycle
- Ability to work in large teams and mentor juniors
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Prior experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in object-oriented languages.
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
- Background on services and cloud computing a plus.
- Strong knowledge on Agile and Scrum practices
- Experience in influencing others, managing conflict and interacting well with individuals throughout the organizational hierarchy
This is a remote position.