Disaster Recovery Engineer
This is a remote position.
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Disaster Recovery Engineer. This job is responsible for maintaining Assurant’s enterprise Disaster Recovery program. The Disaster Recovery Engineer is responsible for assisting in technology recovery analysis, disaster recovery strategy development, and testing of Assurant applications and systems (both mainframe and distributed systems).
- Assists in all technology-related activities including technology environment reviews, disaster recovery strategy development, test planning sessions, and test execution.
- Provide support and guidance for technology recovery in the event of a disaster and work with technology partners to provide and validate technology solutions aimed at business continuation following a disaster.
- Responsible for ensuring all applications have up to date technical recovery plans (TRPs) as well as to provide guidance to TRP owners, which are mostly the application owners.
- Responsible for the implementation of procedures, standards, technical safeguards, and solutions identified to mitigate or reduce business exposure to information technology risks.
- High School Diploma.
- Required Technology Certification – DR (e.g., CDRE), Business Continuity (e.g., MBCP), Network (e.g., CCNA), Microsoft (e.g., MCP) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Information Technology, Systems & Application Development/Support, Infrastructure support, Disaster Recovery.
- 3+ years of use and experience in leading teams or project management
- 3+ years of use and experience in advanced technology analysis and diagramming
- Multi-lingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Mandarin)
- General knowledge of various technology components relating to mainframe, server, database, network, storage, SRM, and data replication technologies
- Knowledge of leading technology recovery products, vendors, and emerging solutions (i.e. cloud, DRaaS, data center modeling)
- Knowledge of insurance, financial, I/T, and risk management operations
- Familiarity with business operations, critical business processes, and interdependencies on systems and applications
- Participate in incident and disaster response efforts
- Led incident and disaster response efforts and recovery support teams.