Hyla is currently seeking Distribution Supervisors (Shipping / Receiving) to join our expanding team in La Vergne, TN! Apply now and start your career today!
Hyla Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing company that provides Mobile Device technologies and services to Wireless Carriers and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Hyla’s goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by enabling Carriers and Retailers to offer smartphone trade-in programs to their consumers. Hyla manages these trade-in programs on behalf of the top brands in the wireless industry, including AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Google, and many others.
As the Distribution Supervisor you will be responsible for the employees in our facility, ensuring its effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work, and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring performance of your team.
- Oversight of the inbound receiving of product phones and inventory as well as the outbound shipment of devices to customers for performance, quality and productivity while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Monitor inventory of stock and ensure adequate levels are maintained
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
- Work with management to establish department and company goals, and rely on experience, judgment, and innovation to achieve them
- Develop and implement process improvements, and coordinate new model introductions
- Create and utilize reports to accurately represent product flow and task completion rates and percentages
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed
- Ensure proper labor utilization and develop staffing requirements
- Conduct interviews for all nonexempt personnel and temporary employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
Days / Shifts needed:
- 1ST Shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm; Monday - Friday
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years in a leadership/supervisory role supervising up to 15+ associates.
- 3+ years of experience required in a logistics / distribution environment.
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Bi-lingual is highly desired.
- Intermediate to mediate math skills.
- Strong PC skills (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to sit and or stand for long periods of time.
- Occasional: Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting, exposure to changes in temperature, being near moving machinery, and office machinery.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.