Join our growing and dynamic Automotive Dealership Services team that supports Assurant’s Global Lifestyle business channels. The District Manager will drive increases in both company production and dealership Finance and Insurance performance by generating new sales leads, building and maintaining relationships with prospects, and retaining new and existing business by visiting dealerships and prospecting in person. The District Manager will also promote revenue growth opportunities and positive internal working relationships with excellent customer service and satisfaction ratings following the sale. Other duties will include market research, developing business strategies, and managing a variety of projects. This is a commission-based (draw + commissions) opportunity with the potential to earn $96,000-$140,000 for motivated sales professionals.*
What will my duties and responsibilities be in this job?
· Develop a strategic growth plan for product groups in assigned accounts to generate and increase business that is aligned with the overall sales goals
· Forecast sales and margin expectations
· Set specific targets which ensure overall financial goals are met or exceeded
· Build and maintain strong relationships with prospects in the new and used Automotive Dealership market, new and existing customers to retain business and promote revenue growth opportunities, and internal teams to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction following the sale
· Set up regular sales calls, appointments, agendas, and follow-up meetings
· Respond quickly to changing customer needs and requirements
· Follow up to ensure all information is accurate, customers’ needs are met, and complaints, issues, and problems are resolved quickly
· Provide information on products and services to enhance awareness, build business, and create better cross-selling opportunities
· Ensure customers receive ongoing training and education on new and existing products
· Work in a team selling capacity, ensuring that appropriate sales, marketing, and technical expertise is utilized in the most effective manner to build and maintain strong customer relationships
· Create customer-facing presentations and customer briefings and present those during meetings
What are the requirements needed for this position?
· Retail sales experience in the automotive dealership space
· Working knowledge of retail automobile dealership operations
· At least 3 + years of experience in the field of sales, management, and customer relations
· Strong sales skills
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Problem-solving and customer service skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
What other skills would be helpful to have?
· Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
· Self-starter, self-disciplined, and target focused but able to work in a matrixed environment
· Demonstrated drive, passion, and flexibility
· Basic research and strategy skills
How much should I expect to travel?
Travel Required: 50%
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
· Must be able to travel to dealerships in assigned region
· Candidate must reside near Birmingham, Alabama.
*The Automotive District Manager will be eligible for participation in a sales compensation plan and a biweekly non-recoverable draw. The non-recoverable draw represents a payroll advance against future earned commissions. Because this role is fully commission based, the earning potential is between $96,000-$140,000 .
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.