Overview of the position
The Document Analyst is responsible for coordinating the development and ongoing maintenance of client-specific, extended warranty and insurance program terms & conditions, along with related document mapping based on business requirements for various mobile device protection programs, while also ensuring their accuracy, quality, and integrity .
What makes us different?
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package that goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. www.MyAssurantBenefits.com
- Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts
- Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S.-based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
- Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching, and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
- Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off, and part-time employment.
- Family Planning Support: Fertility benefits and support services with 24/7 access to nurse care services. $30,000 medical and prescription drug lifetime maximum benefit for fertility services. Assurant will provide up to $20,000 of financial assistance for adoption and or surrogacy.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job ?
- Monitor internal compliance distributions for updates to client specific mobile device protection program terms and conditions documents.
- Track and record document changes; coordinate and obtain approval of changes with internal functional departments, including but not limited to Compliance, IT, Legal, and Marketing.
- Analyze and facilitate revisions to client and program specific terms and conditions; edit and proofread for grammar, spelling, formatting, and clarity.
- Develop and provide detailed instructions to forms designer to process and facilitate updates to terms and conditions documents.
- Coordinate revisions with forms designer; edit and proofread for grammar, spelling, formatting, and clarity; review and provide final approvals.
- Validate all terms and conditions documents with marketing materials for accuracy and compliance with legal, regulatory, branding, client standards and any other standards/guidelines.
- Research, gather, and understand business requirements.
- Develop and maintain client and program specific document mapping instructions. Ensure that all mapping data contained is complete, current, and accurate.
- Issue and distribute document mapping matrices to vendors and internal functional areas.
- Facilitate updates to document mapping matrices based on marketing, regulatory, product, pricing and other business and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate with internal teams (Account Management, Client Marketing Manager, Compliance, Legal, Risk, IT, etc.); and external vendors, to develop internal/external production schedules and to seek approval and signoffs on final forms.
- Align with marketing and production support to map out vendor programming instructions for new and existing campaigns, including production schedules, file layouts and data mapping, verifying data, and researching and resolving data transmission errors with IT.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate program and mapping updates with external vendor.
- Provide business requirements, mapping matrices and all final documents (both terms & conditions, and marketing communications materials) to external vendor.
- Review sample "test" and "live" terms & conditions proofs provided by the vendor.
- Coordinate review of proofs with other internal areas to obtain approvals and validations where required.
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure that mapping and documents are regulatory compliant.
- Role requires interactions with personnel from all levels of the organization, including Marketing, Legal, IT, and vendors..
- Maintain proper records; provide backup copies of documents; and perform audits to ensure that all documents are error-free.
- Maintain all historical documents and retrieve on demand as requested.
- Fulfill internal service requests for information, samples requests, research, and historical data.
- Perform audit control functions to assure that documents are updated and maintained according to strict procedural guidelines.
- Abide by business controls, policies, and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Participate in client teleconferences where terms and conditions controls are reviewed.
- Effectively communicate issues to management to ensure process compliance and adherence.
- Participate in special projects.
- Provide reports as necessary.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a compliance, insurance or marketing related field.
- Communicate effectively – keeps people informed of changes, key events and decisions that may affect them; makes complex ideas or situations clear, simple and/or understandable. Understands the impact of own verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Organizes information in a logical, easy to understand manner.
- Identifies when others do not understand and clarifies or explains.
- Provides information to help individuals be effective in the job and to create a sense of belonging within the organization.
- Ability to listen and communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of staff, vendors, and clients.
- Collaborate with others; shares information, materials, and time readily with others who need them; adjust approach to effectively work with others with a different perspective or work style; actively supports decisions even if in disagreement.
- Strives to be caring, understanding and friendly; is approachable; is easy to open up to; builds rapport.
- Analyze problems and make decisions; can quickly make decisions under time constraints, even when not all facts are available; systematically gathers information necessary to consider alternatives before making a decision; remains focused on the big picture when addressing the details of specific situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, other PC applications and spreadsheet design.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Proficient organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to have strong accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Job-related skills, including language, mathematical, and analytical skills; requirements include strong written and verbal communications, demonstration of organizational and prioritization skills, with attention to detail, while working in a team environment and the ability to communicate with employees of multiple departments.
- Build credibility and trust; keeps promises and commitments made to others; takes personal responsibility for mistakes; treats individuals with respect despite personality differences; maintains confidentiality of private discussions or sensitive information.
- Deliver results; consistently meets deadlines and requirements; persists in working towards goal when faced with a difficult situation or resistance from others; faces challenges with enthusiasm; keeps a positive outlook when faced with setbacks and adjusts actions accordingly.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.