The Document Solutions Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees in the Document Solutions department and overseeing the activities listed below to make them available to Claims and Operations areas at Assurant Financial Services Operations.
- Initial claim set up
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Reviewing/processing print cycle output
- Converting physical and digital documents, mail and faxes to images
Plans, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the provision of services in the areas of, but not limited to Financial Services Operations.
Provides training, guidance, and direction to Document Solutions team associates. Clarifies procedures and trains employees in user departments.
Performs production tasks during work volume peaks and/or staff absences.
- Applies expert and creative problem-solving skills to the most complex of issues and provides answers to employees regarding procedural and technical material .
- Manages personnel in relation but not limited to discipline, payroll, evaluations, quality audits, time off, and overall performance.
- Recognizes and recommends areas needing improvement and implements changes to solve them .
- Must be able to comprehend highest level of information and interpret it for reporting employees. Based on this information must be able to reach the right decision .
- Must be able to schedule and coordinate team activities.
- Assists team by performing daily production activities when work volume peaks or during staff absences and whenever needed
- Requires the enforcement of all key performance indicators that measure productivity and quality standards associated with department functions and tasks
- Requires the enforcement of controls to ensure adherence to company policies, legal requirements and process standards
- Requires the ability to maintain service levels for specific functions within span of control. Functions include:
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Print cycle output
The unit is responsible for the physical or online review of print cycle data that is created daily, weekly or monthly. Physical review includes separation of output, prepping of output to send to mail services and certificate of mail. Online review includes reconciliation of SAR reports of system generated letters and enrollment kits to mail vendor print output reports, validation of data entry accuracy, print quality review and monitoring of vendor mailing SLAs. All duties have time driven deadlines due to client or process service level agreements.
Mail and Faxes
The unit is responsible for the processing of incoming faxes, incoming and outgoing regular and priority mail, incoming returned mail and incoming digital documents submitted via client secure web mailboxes. Opening mail, prepping and batching for scanning and documentation/tracking of mail is part of the processing guidelines. Each type of mail has time driven deadlines.
The unit is responsible for the scanning and subsequent data entry/indexing of hardcopy documents and importation of digital documents into the company’s imaging system for various products/lines of business. Each of the lines of business has time driven deadlines with set service level agreements.
Claim Set Up
The unit is responsible for initial set up of new claims in various systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable in all the duties of the Claims/ Data Entry / Support Specialist or similar positions.
- Must be PC literate and have experience working in a Windows environment. Basic knowledge and applied use of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must be able to efficiently operate various company systems and software programs simultaneously.
- Must be able to analyze new jobs to determine best procedures to incorporate the jobs to Document Solutions.
- Must be able to analyze procedures to develop better standards and streamlined methods.
- Must be able to coordinate with users the service standards, preparation, requisites, and delivery methods.
- Knowledge to perform advanced quality audits and to coach employees to improve performance.
- Demonstrable creative problem-solving skills
- High School graduate/GED or equivalent experience.
- Good English grammar and communication skills.
- One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in an operations environment and in the areas supervised
- Previous Supervisory or Lead experience
Company Overview and Benefits
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.