Database Administrator – Hybrid Virtual
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Operations you will support and work on projects. You will implement technical changes and will be one of Assurant Europeans Technical Specialists for the following areas; 1). Oracle Databases, 2). SQL Databases, 3). MYSQL Databases, 4). Databases Supporting important business applications and reporting systems, 5). Databases Jobs (SSIS) and Extract Transformation & Load (ETL) processes, 6). Message Brokering Technologies and 7). File Transfer routines into Databases.
You will play an important role in operating and delivering Assurant's IT and business systems landscape through the management of mission-critical IT infrastructure and information.
Other responsibilities include;
- Maintenance and ongoing improvement of IT infrastructure and business systems
- Ensuring that all escalated incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements and system availability meets our requirements.
- Provide Business lead and IT change request, work requests and projects as assigned.
- Ensure the security or Assurant's IT Infrastructure and Disaster Recovery provisions are tested and meet our requirements.
- Manage 3rd Party service providers relating to IT Infrastructure.
You will have the following skills;
- Certification in recognised technical training.
- A qualification or knowledge in their area of technical specialty.
- ITIL knowledge.
- Tertiary qualification in an Information Technology discipline desirable
- Experience implementing and maintaining Enterprise Infrastructure IT and IT Services for a multi-site organisation of at least 1000 end-users.
- Worked in a medium to large IT team for a non-IT company in the financial or insurance industry.
- Experience working on IT aspects of mergers and acquisitions regarded
- Expert technical knowledge, supporting the following technologies and services;
- Oracle, MSSQL, MYSQL Databases
- Platforms and Databases Supporting key business applications
- Business Applications – Oracle eBusiness, Siebel, .Net developed applications
- Web Hosting and Services i.e. Customer Portals and SharePoint
- Report Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS) and Analytic Services (SSAS)
- Databases Jobs & Extract Transformation & Load (ETL) processes
- Brokering Technologies – BBUS, BizTalk, Message Broker
- File Transfer Technologies
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to LIVE WELL (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.