What is the role about?
This position is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support core organisational functions, as well as to conduct/lead research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problem and strategic initiatives, and able to independently solution new requests by leveraging existing engineering patterns in multiple domains.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Respond to support requests via Service Now, providing onsite support for local and remote team members electronically, in person or via phone
- Run diagnostic programs, isolates problems, determine and implement a long-term solution.
- Work alongside Senior Engineers assisting in complex IT projects
- Document and record work instructions in the IT knowledge database to support knowledge sharing with other team members
- User administration including adding, changing and deleting user accounts
- Provide network, systems and telephony support.
- Organise maintenance of hardware and software, including fault handling in-line with agreed SLAs and KPIs. Maintain user authorities and complete periodic user profile reviews.
- Familiarity with on-premise and cloud infrastructure platforms including Microsoft Azure, AWS
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all resources and key processes. Proactively monitor network and system performance, identify and resolve issues.
- Perform and complete server and security audits. Ensure system backups are completed successfully, BCP and DR documents are maintained and reviewed periodically and restoration and testing are conducted and documented in accordance with the organisation’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Monitor and track system and application patching and upgrades on a regular basis, including upgrades to administrative tools and utilities.
- Manage vendors and third-party providers with performance reviewed periodically. Identify opportunities for service improvements and cost reduction.
- Ability to work flexibly onsite Monday – Friday, between business operations hours which may span outside the traditional 9 am - 5 pm
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 3 years of technical experience in design, deployment and support of complex vendor server-based applications
- May include skills in the following areas: Infrastructure / Network / Server/ Cloud / Industry Monitoring and Performance Testing Tools / Service Management Process, Proficient knowledge of Technology methodologies (life-cycle management, Agile, ITIL, Waterfall),
- Azure Network Engineer Associate
- Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate
- Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Experienced knowledge of Windows, macOS Operating Systems, Technology infrastructures in distributed / cloud configurations, broad network IP, relational databases and AD / LDAP directory understanding. Proficient in PowerShell or equivalent scripting languages.
- Skilled communication acumen both orally and written, service oriented, ability to build strong working relationships, high engagement, ability to teach and learn quickly, conducts work requirements with minimal guidance
Why work with Assurant?
Everyone at Assurant, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our uncompromising values.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
When you join Assurant, you will be part of a community that cares. A diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Program
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks company paid parental leave, and accrued Superannuation contributions while on unpaid leave
- Hybrid work model - 3 days onsite, 2 days remote
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
Please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of this successful team, apply now!
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.