Enterprise Customer Experience Director
The Enterprise Customer Experience Director is a key role supporting the adoption of Assurant’s CX strategy and execution of both the Enterprise CX and LOB roadmaps, including the education and deployment of CX models and standard methodologies at Assurant. This role is responsible for developing/executing CX programs, developing/sharing CX methods and best practices, storytelling around CX value, and implementing CX rigor, documentation and process management disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have the business acumen to handle complex and ambiguous situations, juggle multiple priorities, and balance long term projects and deliverables with the immediate and often ad-hoc demands of both business/functional areas and senior leadership. He or she also must have strong program/project organizational skills as well as the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, collaborate and interact within all levels of the organization, communicate the CX value proposition effectively and influence without direct authority.
Develop Strategic Vision and Roadmap – 15%
- Leverages subject-matter expertise, business acumen, and customer/user feedback to:
- Build, socialize and gain alignment to vision & strategy for implementation and optimization / sustainment of strategic CX programs (e.g. Voice of Customer (VOC) program(s), human-centered design).
- Build, socialize and gain alignment to rollout strategy and materials for industry standard CX methodologies and best practices across the enterprise to drive a common approach and process for driving business value across the customer lifecycle.
- Supports Enterprise / LOB roadmap and milestone development and facilitates management routines and resources required to meet business objectives.
- Leverages business acumen to translate business value for key strategic efforts (such as digital and omni-channel transformation or call listening re-design) from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution and supports delivery of milestones.
- Demonstrates expertise in one’s respective domain; stay abreast on trends in customer needs and expectations.
Strategic Program Management, Roadmap Execution & Stakeholder Management – 40%
- Owns and executes key Enterprise CX strategic initiatives such as implementation/adoption/sustainment of VOC programs, Human-centered design methodologies, support cultural transformation, etc.
- Works directly with Enterprise and LOB stakeholders to make cross-functional tradeoff and prioritization decisions, including socialization and stakeholder management.
- Owns, prioritizes, and maintains the program backlog(s).
- Drives program adoption and operationalization.
- Obtains, reviews, accepts, and prioritizes feedback and new requirements from project stakeholders and works with vendor(s) to drive action.
- Communicates decisions, priorities, release dates, dependencies and other relevant product initiative information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Participates in planning activities and proactively partners with other CX practitioners/Product Owners to ensure alignment.
- Elevates potential ‘backlog breaking’ requests, urgent prioritization concerns or cross-functional implications to senior leadership as needed.
- Leads onboarding of regional teams – including managing permissions, providing training, integrating initiatives into overall roadmap, and providing guidance on program optimization.
- Develops/maintains global execution playbooks/documentation.
- Ensures program features/functionality is appropriately documented and that business continuity plans are in place.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop and execute against agile roadmaps and release plans.
- Manages vendor relationship(s).
CX Methodologies & Best Practices – 30%
- Inspire CX practitioners, partners and key stakeholders to continually learn and leverage industry best practices, methodologies and tools, cultivate insights and drive customer / business value.
- Drives and supports initiatives designed to deepen and mature CX culture, tool usage, adoption and omni-channel / digital operationalization across the enterprise.
- Builds, socializes and gains alignment to roadmap for adoption of industry-standard CX methodologies and best practices across the enterprise to drive a common approach and process for driving business value across the customer lifecycle while supporting digital and omni-channel maturity.
- Supports identification of key enablers, technologies, tools or platforms which will promote the adoption of CX ways of working, and facilitates efforts to integrate them, working closely with LOB and regional leads for area-specific solutions and adoption.
- Develops and curates a repository of relevant training materials and documentation to promote the education, standardization and adoption of CX best practices and design methodologies for global CX practitioners as well as cross-functional teams and business leaders.
- Champions and leverages CX practitioner use of data sources such as voice of customer insights and analytics to help CX practitioners and stakeholders fully understand our customers’ experience with us, while focusing daily on delivering value to the company, solving customer experience problems and realistically developing new opportunities.
Reporting & Analytics (15%)
- Provides regular, accurate reporting related to Enterprise strategic program usage / implementation / optimization
- Develops and maintains business value calculations and reporting for specified initiatives
- Leverages insights from data to make optimization recommendations designed to deliver value to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years equivalent large-scale program management work experience
- 7+ year’s experience leading CX and/or VOC initiatives
- 3+ year’s experience developing and deploying best practices/training to cross-functional/global audiences
- Experience with VOC platforms (Medallia, InMoment, NICE, etc)
- Experience successfully delivering products utilizing an Agile Delivery methodology
- Strong leadership and teaming skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results- strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to excel in a large, matrix environment
- Strong attention to detail and focus on root-cause analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through past experience and results
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Skilled at leading meetings and making presentations
- Demonstrated ability to act as a servant leader to ensure the success of the product implementation and team effectiveness
- An advanced degree preferred
- Experience in deploying programs/products/services on a global scale preferred
- Experience collaborating with global teams
- Business acumen to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution
- Experience with various Agile frameworks; relevant certifications a plus.
- Hands on experience with process improvement methodologies (Lean, 6Sigma, etc.); relevant certifications a plus
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.