Join a team that is maintaining Assurant's growth momentum by applying your analytical and problem-solving skills! Take charge of a demanding role!
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with great problem-solving skills to join our Finance team. The Financial Analyst role will support the Global Housing Homeowners business by providing monthly/quarterly financial reporting, analyses, and forecasting for multiple insurance products and cost centers. Ad hoc requests are common and interaction with multiple departments will be required.
- Prepare data-driven variance analysis (actual results, plan, forecast) for specific financial statement lines (e.g. revenue, expenses, EBITDA, and metrics) for multiple insurance products and clients under the Manufactured Housing & Antique Auto and Voluntary Home lines of business
- Identify, explain and provide insights into trends, drivers, key performance indicators, risks and opportunities by using data-driven approaches
- Prepare multi-year forecasts for Homeowners products and cost centers
- Prepare and assist the team with management reporting packages and presentations on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis
- Perform analytical assignments of a complex nature
- Work closely with the operational leaders and Enterprise Finance Teams to enhance the reporting and forecasting processes.
- Solid knowledge of financial variance analysis
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques to more complex problems and issues
- Advanced and sophisticated analytical techniques
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to manipulate and analyze financial data, prepare financial reports, using an advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to do the best possible job
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting; experience in Insurance or Financial Services is a plus
- Knowledge of finance, accounting (including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), budgeting and variance analysis
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams, at multiple levels, settings, and across time zones
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Occasionally will have to work extended hours, weekends and be available for limited business travel (if needed)
- Committed to continuous learning and a continuous improvement culture as the business needs change
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience identifying, evaluating and resolving financial, accounting and data quality discrepancies
- Ability to utilize sophisticated automated data systems, data analysis tools, and dynamic spreadsheet / database design in providing comprehensive decision support to executive management
- SQL Server, PowerBI, Power Query and Alteryx experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry
- IBM Planning Analytics (EPA and PAX) or experience with similar planning tools
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.