Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the Capital Actuarial Lead. You will be an analyst who provides high-quality output and results from actuarial activities, and the opportunity to progress in the business and qualify as an actuary. You will offer many exposures to both life and general insurance and will suit a candidate keen to be challenged and get exposure to a broad range of actuarial work. You will have a unique opportunity for you to work with senior management and contribute to decisions made in the business.
Other responsibilities include;
- Contribute to annual Actuarial Function Report (AFR) and Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) for both UK and Dutch entities
- Performing solvency 2 technical provisions, Solvency Capital Requirement and capital modelling in many platforms (especially WTW Igloo)
- Working with finance and risk teams to ensure controllership over finance data feeds
- Help with population of annual and reporting templates (QRTs)
- Run and automate monthly essential client reports
- Contribute to experience analysis and assumption setting
- Work with audit
- Contribute to pricing reviews
- Support annual life company reporting to the PRA and DNB
- Ad hoc actuarial modelling and project work
You will have the following skills;
- A strong result (2.1) in a numerical degree - preferably mathematics, statistics or actuarial science
- 3 years of Actuarial exam experience and progression
- Experience of actuarial software (especially WTW Igloo)
- Prior solvency 2 modelling experience
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.