Technology is helping transform the world, and our Emerging Channels team is actively researching and leveraging these technologies to create and distribute new products, business models, and outstanding customer experiences. We are looking for people who get excited about building new things and disrupting the world around us for the betterment of society. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join us as we build a new business at the intersection of mobile, AI, cloud, and analytics.
Keys to Success in this Role
We're seeking an experienced, future-forward Technology leader who enjoys operating at multiple levels within an organization and will help build credibility throughout the organization. Designing, architecting and delivering high performing and scalable solutions while helping others develop their engineering skills will build credibility with the team while delivering strong results. Someone who enjoys building the team as much as building the product is a critical component of success in this role. Certainly, technical expertise is critical to success in this role, as is understanding what motivates each team member to perform, grow, excel, and consistently deliver an outstanding customer experience.
You'll lead a mix of full-time employees and external resources to develop and operate a unique digital experience. This leader is expected to provide the technical vision for our business and tackle hard technical problems, working closely with software engineers, dev-ops, quality engineers, and product management. We want to hear from candidates who have excellent communication skills and created highly productive software engineering teams.
This is a hands-on position based in Chicago, currently working in a hybrid manner (WFH + office) as applicable.
- Advanced understanding of broader capability objectives and able to translate to the go forward technical strategy
- Define software architecture that anticipate and evolve with the business needs
- Creates and executes against a technical roadmap for his/her organization
- Familiarity with latest technological trends across the industry and how to best apply them in an organization's context
- Collaborate with Agile Architects to implement development standard recommendations
- Facilitates communication with key product stakeholders throughout the work cycle
- Monitors and resolves technical impediments across teams
- Manages timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems with the different platforms in all environments
- Helps manage risks and dependencies across teams
- Escalates impediments to appropriate stakeholders as needed
- Conducts performance reviews for Engineering Managers and team combining inputs from a variety of sources and delivering to team members
- Align the technical team around the vision for the business unit
- Coach and mentor team members, fostering collaboration, accountability, innovation, growth and career planning
- Plan team capacity to accomplish roadmap objectives
- Recruit, hire and retain additional team members
- Design, build and run the platforms that power the offerings of the business unit
- Deliver high-quality, well-designed software on a regular cadence
- Collaborate with product owner on requirements and release schedules
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver an end-to-end solution to customers
- Drive technical requirements: security, performance, privacy, maintainability
- Evolve the architecture from a stand-alone startup towards enterprise integration
- Integrate development, quality, delivery and support
- Continuously improve the capabilities of the team
- Evaluate solutions/tools and drive decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools that lead to enhanced productivity and quality
- 5+ years leading a team and experience leading multiple teams across time zones and geographies
- 10 years of progressive experience as a developer and architect
- Experience with cloud environments
- Experience with Java (8)-based web applications and services, Enterprise Service Bus and API gateway technologies, multi-point integrations and business process implementations
- Experience with Linux server infrastructure and has worked on Cloud IaaS buildout, automation, scaling and deployment
- Deep experience (preferred) of Agile and DevSecOps delivery practices
- Must possess strong communication and leadership skills, particularly strong in communicating between business and technology teams
- Ability to coordinate and influence a wide variety of stakeholders across the enterprise in order to clear roadblocks
- Ability to provide informed perspective to Product Directors during prioritization and funding allocation decisions in the context of a product-based funding model
- Extensive technical knowledge to troubleshoot issues across multiple domains by identifying root causes and creating solutions
- Showing us your accomplishments outside of work (Git repo, articles, open-source contributions, Technical Blog, Presentations, etc.) is a huge plus!