Head of Marketing, Europe
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the VP, BU & Digital Marketing you will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing and communication plans for the region, in conjunction with local Communication point-of-contact. You will also increase the market share and client and consumer satisfaction through effective marketing that is aligned with the company's brand, business lines in the region and geographic program objectives.
In this role, you will serve as a strategic partner to regional leaders, country leaders and business development professionals regarding brand and marketing programs and activities, and the creation of specific deliverables. You will also lead an immediate team based in the UK and other European locations, and collaborate with global marketing teams, Communications and marketing centers of excellence (COEs) and delivery teams to manage programmes and projects carrying processes through to completion including strategic direction, integrated marketing and communication campaigns, thought leadership, collateral, web, social media, and events. Marketing responsibilities will evolve given focus/maturity of business.
Other responsibilities include;
- In conjunction with the communications point-of-contact for the region, develop integrated marketing and communication strategic plans for the region. Marketing responsibilities and objectives will evolve and be determined by the focus areas in the region and/or maturity of the business.
- Lead the European Marketing teams to develop compelling integrated plans that drive increased effectiveness in region, in line with overall business plan
- Works closely with Region / Country leadership and their teams to deliver local business objectives
- Manages European Marketing team (within each region) to drive the development and execution of regional plans to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a data-centric criteria approach to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs, demonstrating clear ROI
- Develop and grow the Assurant brand in region by supporting Assurant’s brand value proposition; ensure consistency and compliance throughout the organization in accordance with brand guidelines
You will have the following skills;
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or other related field required
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing and brand leadership
- Prior experience working in business-to-business financial services industry preferred
- Knowledge in the development, management and execution of content and integrated marketing processes including marketing strategy and development
- Proven success in the management of integrated marketing programmes and discrete marketing projects
- Strong leadership skills that motivates peers/staff to exceed expectations
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.