The Head of Operations will be responsible for all aspects of call center, Return Center, Supply Chain, Device Life Cycle Management, to include Device Trade-in and Upgrade, device receipt, processing and optimized value realization via intelligent device liquidation across multiple liquidation channels. Key devices supported will include handsets, tablets, computers and the ever-expanding array of connected devices.
The Head of Operations will be the key Operations leader in Korea providing leadership to all aspects of depot operations, supporting business development in attracting new business, retaining key clients with cost efficient and innovative solutions. The Head of Operations will assure coordinate with the IT leadership to ensure the IT platforms robust and meet customer, client, finance and accounting controls and need.
The Head of Operations will work to become a Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of Device Life Cycle Management. Will gain intimate knowledge of competitive capabilities both for Trade-in / Upgrade programs and optimized device liquidation locally and regionally.
The position requires a P&L owner with demonstrated experience in Repair / logistics or manufacturing experience in the wireless industry with proven ability to drive process improvements and keep pace with company growth, and to work with leaders locally and globally to meet the challenges of a customer focused and metrics driven environment.
- Understand market dynamics for Device Trade-in, Upgrade, device intelligent processing and disposition from customer to final sale. Goal is to become the SME for the region.
- Leverages global teams to build best in market device Trade-in / Upgrade programs and support platforms. Develops best in market disposition channels to optimize the value of every asset touched
- Supports Global strategic plans by developing and execute long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Reviews and revises as needed the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of device acquisition platforms, device processing and disposition operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company standards and drive cost efficient growth.
- Actively manages program costs assuring appropriate spend on staffing, overhead, , Capital and raw materials to meet the approved Annual Operating Plans.
- Formulate & execute local policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Drive process discipline and continuous improvement across the operations.
- Generate, implement and execute strategies to effectively manage the overall quality control of various activities.
- Ensure operational excellence by maintaining a high level of customer service with internal and external customers, and ensure that processes and procedures are accountable and transparent, and include all required information and documentation.
- Work across departments in support of seamless operation to develop common requirements and business processes.
- Work closely with Business Development to ensure understanding of the proposals presented to clients, the progress of deal negotiations and the timelines by which the deals will be signed, including implementation timeline expectations.
- Ensure KPI’s, SLA’s budgets and contractual client requirements are met.
- Develop processes and tools for the collection, flow and use of quantitative and qualitative data for informed decision making at all levels.
- Oversee the development and implementation of evaluation and monitoring of warehousing, logistics and distribution supply chain network. Ensuring all requirements are achieved in accordance with AIZ and Regulator standards.
- Directs the safeguarding of warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Oversee development of guidelines and training modules.
- Keep abreast of industry standards, direction, new & disruptive technologies and practices reporting these to leadership and recommending best practice approach.
- Manages workflow, handles escalations, proactively engages resources within and outside of Assurant to address issues and effectively delegates workload across the incumbents.
- Actively participates in business leadership meetings, locally and globally, to develop and drive strategies and program which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization.