Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an HR Services Associate position with exposure to HR transformational projects!
As an HR Services Associate with Assurant, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely administration of Assurant’s Human Resource processes. You will also be providing inquiry support utilizing phone, email, and chat/IM to managers, employees and retirees regarding HR policies, plans and processes.
The role you will play at Assurant
- You will provide administrative support to accurately complete Assurant’s HR transactional processes. This will include all defined process steps, validation and reconciliation of data, and ensuring all necessary data entry and system updates are completed across the full spectrum of HR processes including but not limited to Employee Data Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Health and Wellness Benefits and Retirement Benefits processes.
- Effectively uses case management and knowledgebase tools to resolve, log, track and escalate employee, manager or retiree inquiries.
- You must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Works closely with employees, managers, HR, Payroll and other business teams as needed to ensure processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Completes and remains current on all required training on HR policies, programs, processes and procedures
- Maintains established service levels for handling calls, emails, and transactions.
- Achieves and maintains defined proficiency levels across all HR processes within defined training plan guidelines meeting experience level expectations, becoming fully proficient within 90 days.
- Actively contributes to HR Services ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Acts as a “change champion” for HR by explaining the benefits of new or revised HR processes with employees, managers and retirees.
- Actively participates in annual HR programs and special projects such as annual enrollment, ESPP, systems implementations and upgrades, Plan changes, acquisitions, reductions in force, process improvement initiatives etc.
- Through projects develops additional subject matter expertise in HR programs
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and love advising and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make impactful decisions
- You are naturally comfortable exercising discretion
- You have a reputation for excellence, integrity and practice “Uncommon Thinking”
- You have superior relationship building skills and can adapt to multiple audiences, including executive leadership
- You are comfortable dealing with conflict and providing solutions
- You are an innovative thinker who anticipates and solves problems
- You want a company who has Innovation, Flexibility, Transparency, Customer Insights and values our people
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 global company
- We have #1 and #2 market leadership position in all our areas of focus
- Competitive salary, Medical and Dental day one of employment and matching 401k after 30 days
Role Specific Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience working in an HR environment with direct exposure to employee support and administering HR processes.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or commensurate experience)
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Possesses strong customer service and communication skills. Must be able to adjust to meet differing inquiry communication styles and needs.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with intermediate MS Office skills
- Experience with employee health and wellness benefit plans