We are currently looking for a Human Resources Partner to support managers and employees in one or more business groups at Assurant. This role will focus on the employee experience, enabling business outcomes and using data to help make solid business decisions. This is a remote position.
- Partner with the Human Resource Business Partner to provide comprehensive and consistent coaching to employees and managers on performance, conduct/behavioral related challenges and identifying talent needs in the organization.
- Key point of contact to provide detailed information or policy interpretation for investigations or routine inquiries for management, legal and other HR entities.
- Proactively work with HR Business Partners, managers and leaders to provide insights/trends that impact business results.
- Promote a culture of engagement, growth and performance while providing a fair and consistent approach to policies, procedures and practices to minimize risk to the company.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships throughout all business groups and partners throughout the organization, while serving as a key resource to managers and HR Business Partners.
- Provides hiring and staffing assistance such as interviewing, assessing and selection to managers as needed, which includes effective compensation management and development of job descriptions for needed positions.
- Training to managers on topics that will enhance engagement or provide greater insight into management to support business objectives, including FMLA, Wage and Hour, Accommodations, etc.
- Facilitates the end-to-end process of talent reductions, which includes assessment of talent, notification to those impacted and continued support.
Dedicated to upholding the vision of the People Organization by:
- Putting people first
- Helping our employees realize their potential
- Empowering our employees to do their best work
- Embedding Diversity Equity and Inclusion in all that we do
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study or the equivalent of job experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in an HR partner role.
- Experience coaching and advising all levels of employees in areas such as performance, organizational change, employee engagement, working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing tools to provide analytics to drive performance in the organization
- NeoCase, Workday and Peakon experience preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.