Job Purpose (Why job exists)
The Business Development Manager will lead and manage new client opportunities for trade-in services throughout Japan. The role will be responsible for identifying and developing a pipeline of new clients (MNO, MVNO, OEM’S and Retail clients) through a robust sales process. You will create and present clearly defined proposals, ensuring all identified opportunities are successfully delivered. You will also make sure Assurant has the right partnerships and operational capabilities to deliver new business.
You will also participate in client onboarding, program design, local implementation of Assurant’s global trade-in tools and ongoing client management of Assurant’s trade-in programs. This role is also responsible identifying and executing revenue-generating initiatives with existing clients.
This role contributes to Assurant’s success by performing these functions in a timely, professional, effective manner and plays a central role in cross-functional prioritization of product and engineering resources to ensure program execution that meets our revenue targets. The Business Development Manager must establish close partnerships with our clients and other organization leadership.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
• Build a robust pipeline of clients, new programs, and revenue forecasting
• Responsible for the sustainable growth of the business by increasing revenue year over year
• Work closely with the executive team of Assurant Japan and Assurant TIU Team to develop growth strategies for new revenue and competitive opportunities
• Develop specific and actionable business development strategies & tactics for Japan to achieve incremental growth, with a focus on, MNO, MVNO, OEM’S and Retail clients.
• Partner with product and marketing teams to develop and manage customer strategies, plans to attract new business and grow existing accounts
• Identify and win new business, structure new programs, negotiate agreements with major customers, define potential fee structures, and then execute the final sale of new products & services
• Manage all RFP processes, bid management and tender initiatives
• Provide consumer, market, and competitor insights to wider leadership team to influence regional strategy
• Partner with product teams to define differentiated offerings
• Continuously develop, refine, and articulate value propositions and differentiated positioning
• Coordinate the various cross-functional roles associated with client program delivery throughout the company to ensure alignment on customer goals, systems, data, assumptions, and delivery timing.
• Develop trust with customers to ensure long-term relations
• Represent customer’s perspective to entire Executive Management Team
• Develop the reputation of Assurant in the market as a strategic partner to its clients and a thought leader in the trade-in market
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge, Other Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent
• Bilingual in Japanese and English
• Experience with revenue targets, with a successful track record of success and demonstrable business expansion and growth
• Strong track record of winning new business, onboarding new business, and managing the ongoing P&L of client programs.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with C-level executives of key target clients and channel partners
• Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation skills and executive presence
• Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, client management skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Strong problem solving and creative skills to find solutions for both clients and internal teams
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, drive decisions and consensus building in multi-stakeholder environment, and make major financial decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
• Strong analytical and financial skillset including the ability to analyse data to translate market insight from internal and external sources into powerful insight. Strong modeling and scenario planning skills.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
• A thorough understanding of a wide range of technology
• Strong leadership experience with the ability to lead change and take others with you and lead multi-disciplinary teams to leverage cross-functional learning and insight
• The ability to facilitate discussions to resolve conflicting processes, content, opinions
• Demonstrated a high degree of passion and energy whilst maintaining a positive outlook
• Collaborative, outgoing, professional, and innovative approach
• Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities and multiple tasks -- Outcomes and deadlines oriented
• The ability to deliver high quality work, quickly, in a dynamic organization under time pressure
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
• Degree in business, finance, marketing, general management, or equivalent experience (Masters preferred)
• Experience in developing and implementing strategic new business development strategies and business plans
• Experience as a business development executive or other relevant role
• Experience sales or marketing and managing relationships with essential clients
• In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.