We are seeking Data Analytics Interns to come join our team! Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. They will assist the Data Analytics team to strengthen the Analytics Value Chain by collecting the right data, providing good analysis and insights that lead to business decisions and concrete actions which realize value for our clients and our businesses.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist the Data Analytics Team by performing data collection, data analysis, digital analysis and reporting of key measurements
- Assist with analyzing and developing innovative new and/or existing process changes
- Manage data through various reporting tools for data analysis to support various projects
- Research new technologies and abilities that enable a data driven culture
- Build Power BI Interactive Insights to present to other business teams
- Participate in brainstorming sessions in the development of new solutions
- Assist in the development of process mapping, standard operating procedures and work instructions
In this opportunity the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhanced skill sets, and competencies that will make them more prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to corporate environments
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Data Modeling Skills
- Advanced use of Analytical Tools and Techniques
- Increased hands-on experience in SQL, SQL Server, SAS, SharePoint, Microsoft Workspaces and more
- Ability to conduct a business presentation and recommend a course of action based on research and supported by data
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles and best practices
- Ability to draw insights from data set that are actionable for the business
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 2nd year completed and currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems, or related program of study. Master’s degree candidates will also be considered
- 2 years of strong SQL, Excel, SSRS, and Power BI experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills
- Must be organized and work well with constant priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Sustains a positive outlook and views challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in SQL Server, Digital Analytics, Machine learning, Power BI, knowledge of data management/warehousing and Power BI are highly desired
- This is a remote position.
The target pay for this intern role is $18.00/hr - $25.00/hr. The amount may differ due to a wide range of factors, including candidate background, experience and work location.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.