The Security Analyst position will provide and serve as a resource for security and compliance related tasks and projects. This role will develop, support, and execute processes that enforce Assurant security policies and standards, regulatory requirements, contractual agreements/obligations and any other IT related security or privacy requirements. This is a fully remote position.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Respond to incidents, indicators of attack/comprise and participate as a member of the Assurant Incident Response Team
- Participate in audits related to security and compliance
- Enforce the privacy and confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information in accordance with company policies
- Keep a current understanding of evolving threats and defensive technologies
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary security laws, standards, practices, and methods
- Other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in an information technology role
- 1+ years of experience with IT Security
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a technical information security role
- 4+ years of experience in an information technology role
- Working knowledge of information security control technologies including EDR, web and email gateways, access control, cryptography, vulnerability management, SIEM/log management, ID/IPS, and DLP
- Working knowledge of network protocols, desktops, laptops, DNS, and networking devices - servers, routers, VPNs, proxies, firewalls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to discuss technical topics with a non-technical audience
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential
- Demonstrate ability to engage and collaborate with employees, presenting a friendly, approachable demeanor to leverage security to help others succeed
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.