Hyla is currently seeking Inventory Control Supervisors to join our expanding team in La Vergne, TN! Apply now and start your career today!
Hyla Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing company that provides Mobile Device technologies and services to Wireless Carriers and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Hyla’s goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by enabling Carriers and Retailers to offer smartphone trade-in programs to their consumers. Hyla manages these trade-in programs on behalf of the top brands in the wireless industry, including AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Google, and many others.
The Supervisor of Inventory Control ensures the accuracy, safekeeping, and timely movement of inventory throughout the site. This is accomplished through following the processes and procedures that were developed to meet internal and external customer requirements and the effective leadership of Inventory Control resources through clear and precise communications of responsibilities and goals.
- In consultation with superior and subordinate personnel as appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals and plans for areas of responsibility.
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with internal and external customer.
- Ensure accurate accounting and physical control and security of all material stored in stockroom locations, of all material issued to and returned from production and of all finished goods and associated accessories.
- Supervisor cycle count process in all inventory areas and provide scheduled reporting of inventory data as well as provide ad hoc reporting of inventory data as required.
- Supervise all stockroom activities for all shifts including material stocking for component and finished goods inventory, kitting and delivery of components required for production.
- Monitor delivery of handsets and accessories for fulfillment, processing of RMA returns of defective product to suppliers
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient workflow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
- Create and/or modify processes, in collaboration with manager, to allow for the processing and servicing of new accounts and products, as well as improving existing processes when practical and cost effective.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed. Support committees and programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery and so forth. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs.
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company’s overall business fulfillment system.
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning his or her area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Initiates corrective action as necessary.
Days / Shifts needed:
- 1st Shift: 5:00am - 5:30pm; Monday - Friday
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years in a leadership / supervisory role in a high-volume manufacturing / repair environment.
- 3+ years of experience required in inventory control.
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures
- Bi-lingual is highly desired.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
- Prior experience with Oracle a plus
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics / Great Plains a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of MRP / ERP.
- Strong knowledge and clear understanding of inventory control systems and processes
- String knowledge and understanding of material requirements planning
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, carriers, customers, and other external contacts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Highly analytical with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Occasional: Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting, exposure to changes in temperature, being near moving machinery, and office machinery.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.