Overview of Position
Internal Audit Services (IAS) is responsible for meeting the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Internal Audit and Advisory Services needs across multiple business segments.
In this role, the Intern will primarily support Corporate SOX management testing and various other IAS activities including but not limited to new process implementations, MAR management testing, assisting external audit and other Internal Audit initiatives.
What makes us different?
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 global company
- Competitive salary
- Business casual environment
- Flexible schedule
- Work remotely, but flexibility can be offered based on location
What will be my responsibilities in this role?
- Audit IT Controls for Fortune 500 company
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations (i.e. Sarbanes – Oxley)
- Primarily work on Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) audits
- Attend walkthrough meetings to assist with testing of key IT dependent SOX controls and IT General Controls (ITGCs)
- Document test results
- Identify and evaluate instances where control objectives are not being met
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student pursuing a degree in IT, Business, MIS, or Data Analytics
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Word, Lucidchart)
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.