The Assurant IT Auditor is responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal control and risk environment at Assurant, Inc. The Assurant IT Auditor executes complex test programs that are designed to assess the organization’s information technology (IT) risk exposure and recommend any needed enhancements to IT business systems, processes, and controls.
The Assurant IT Auditor is expected to conduct auditee interviews, gather, and review evidence, completely and concisely document audit activities, and write articulately to communicate audit results to senior management.
The Assurant IT Auditor completes all audit work in compliance with the established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards. The incumbent is expected to broaden the value, service levels, and capabilities of the Assurant Internal Audit Services team. This is a fully remote position.
- Analyzes complex processes to support detailed audit documentation, representative of the current IT control environment
- Identifies technology risks and independently evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of related technology infrastructure and application controls
- Works with audit engagement teams to document the business processes that are dependent upon Assurant Information Technology groups
- Requires a bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university
- Three years business systems support, including documentation of business processes, risk, and controls identification
- 2+ years’ experience testing SOX IT General controls
- Audit methodology and IT processes
- Applied Critical thinking
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills
- Masters or Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Exposure to various auditing environments
- Ability to prepare detailed data/process walkthrough documentation
- Proven track record in applying broad business knowledge and practical experience to working with/ managing technology risks and controls
- Ability and experience in translating business rules into technical definitions
- Some exposure to Accounting/Finance principles
- Demonstrated dedication to teamwork with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to operate a computer with a high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Includes experience with large spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs
- In-depth knowledge of the threats and vulnerabilities associated with business technologies