At Assurant, we partner with some of the world's largest and most well-known brands, helping their customers protect what matters most. Everyone -- no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world -- is united by our purpose and values. Our culture encourages you to share thoughtful & innovative thinking that makes a real difference.
This 6 month contract role is responsible for provision, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support core organizational functions.
- Provide support for planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and/or tasks of various complexities across the enterprise.
- Organise maintenance of hardware and software, including fault handling in-line with agreed SLAs and KPIs. Maintain user authorities.
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all resources and key processes. Proactively monitor network and system performance, identify and resolve issues.
- Create and maintain IT processes, procedures and documentation.
- Deliver on various IT projects including Communication Room & Disaster Recovery site decommission
To be successful you'll need
- Experience with security principles and general software management best practices
- Experience in the implementation of systems, applications, networks and related products
- Extensive knowledge of VMware vSphere components
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server and desktop technologies, O365 administration, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and networking principles
- Good project management fundamentals and skills
- Ability to conduct effective research into solutions and products
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- The ability to analyse problems and determine appropriate solutions quickly and effectively
- May include skills in the following areas: Infrastructure / Network / Server / Service Management Process, knowledge of Windows, Unix/ Linux Operating Systems, Technology infrastructures in distributed / cloud configurations, broad network IP, relational databases and AD / LDAP directory understanding. Proficient in PowerShell or equivalent scripting languages
Why join Assurant?
- Work with people focused leaders at a certified Great Place to Work 2 years running
- Supportive and fun culture
- Work from home and the office
- Attractive salary commensurate with experience
If you think you are a perfect fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.