Job Purpose (Why job exists)
We are a fast-growing company. Projects to enable new business opportunities are usually required to launch in challenging timelines. The Japan team consists of a huge diversity of talents and the successful candidate will be expected to drive these diverse talents to deliver projects that have significant impact to the company growth. This role requires the candidate to be highly-skilled in leadership to delivery fast-paced and extremely challenging projects in Japan. The successful candidate will not only be able to exercise the best practice, but further, define and execute the best project management practice together with the global team.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Establish and execute the Project Management Office (PMO) and project governance.
- Lead project delivery from initiation to completion.
- Manage, coordinate, prioritize project tasks, manage timelines, project plans, risks and issues, and effectively communicates project status to key stakeholders locally and globally.
- Drive onsite/offshore project team to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Document, implement and monitor implementation plans for all projects.
- Provide internal and external stakeholders with updated implementation plans, which may include project schedules, project plans, risk register, communications documents, and anything required to achieve success.
- Go beyond the role and support IT peers so to achieve project success
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Highly bilingual: Fluent English and Japanese
- 10+ years of experience in project management of application development or IT infrastructure implementation
- Application development or IT infrastructure set up experience
- Project Management Professional Certified or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent partner management skills, both internal and external, to influence and maintain positive partner relationships
- A Get-Things-Done mindset
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Agile project methodology experience
- Consulting/advisory experience
- Scrum Master Certified or related discipline
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.