The IT Support Specialist Supervisor will be responsible to manage and respond to retail repair store support requests involving the full Assurant retail store distribution including existing CPR brand and new brand expansions. This will be a Help-Desk function for the existing chain of stores (CPR), new store on-boards, additional retail chain expansions and all their employees. The current retail footprint is approximately 500 stores expanding to over 1,000 locations. Support will include internal teams and external retail store owners. This can be a remote opportunity.
Manage Tier 1 Support (Help Desk)
- Manage and respond to retail store support requests for Assurant retail store distribution (CPR & Other).
- Diagnose help-desk issues for resolution and/or pass along to appropriate parties.
Act as Liaison to Point-of-Sale system (RepairQ)
- Represent the Assurant retail store distribution (CPR & Other) for escalation of support related requests.
Administrator for OEM Vendor integrated platforms (GSX & GSPN)
- Manage and respond to retail store support requests for Assurant retail store distribution related to the two primary OEM supplier integrated platforms (GSX & GSPN).
Hire, lead, train, & mentor team specialists
- Process new location setups, transfers, and terminations for Assurant retail store distribution (CPR & Other).
- Manage the user creation and deprovisioning process.
- Assist with internal tech support related inquiries.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications. Hardware and software certifications and knowledge of SQL for interacting with back-end systems a plus.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Some programming knowledge to assist with troubleshooting issues within various systems desired.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.