Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a Lead Accountant to join our global Finance team. Reporting to the US Reporting Manager, you will oversee the efficient, accurate and high-quality preparation and coordination of the UK and Europe monthly US GAAP Reporting process and will take ownership for the Group Intercompany matrix, providing insightful variance analysis to the US Parent Company on a quarterly basis. There will also be some project work for the remainder of 2021 with regards to Ledger migration.
Other responsibilities include;
- Assist the with running of the monthly reporting process to US Parent Company (40%)
- Oversee Group Intercompany matrix, follow-up on issues and assist with monthly settlements (15%)
- Review US GAAP Ledgers on a quarterly basis, providing insightful variance commentary to US Parent Company (10%)
- Help with the external audit process, answering queries from external audit team (5%)
- Process improvement on legacy processes (15%)
- Support the review and implementation of new accounting standards (3%)
- Produce monthly Trial Balances on a US GAAP basis for all entities (5%)
- Maintain process documentation (2%)
- Develop self and others (5%)
You will have the following skills;
- 2:1 degree level or above
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- UK GAAP knowledge
- US GAAP knowledge
- Skills in Microsoft Excel (can write advanced macros)
- People management
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.