The Lead Analyst, FP&A will be responsible for managing the LatAm and Canada Plan/Re-forecast cycle, Outlook and Quarter Close variance analysis. This role will support the LatAm and Canada regional team, US based International Finance team and US based Lifestyle FP&A function.
· Co-ordinate and analyze the LatAm and Canada Plan/FC cycle.
· Ensure client and expense forecasts are robust and variances understood.
· Review LOB and FTE for LatAm and Canada.
· Business Partner with in-country FP&A teams.
· Produce value adding in-depth analysis for Lifestyle FP&A stakeholders and CFO’s.
· Gather insight by liaising with US based leaders including Actuary, IT and Corporate functions.
· Assist with the quarter close LatAm and Canada storyline including Pretax/Revenue variance analysis for YOY, QOQ, YTD and vs Plan analysis.
· Identify and develop KPI’s and variance drivers for LatAm region and Canada including subscriber counts.
· Understand the key R&O’s and emerging business issues in LatAm and Canada.
· Support ad hoc requests for Earnings Call.
· Maintain the approved Global Roles Persons list and work with inter-company billing team.
· Assist with TWG integration activities related to LatAm and Canada.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
Minimum 4-5 years of experience in financial analytics and forecasting.
Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections using an advanced level of Excel.
Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry.
Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams.
A team player that can work in a complex and fast-paced environment.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
Proficient in understanding foreign exchange changes and impact on the financial statement lines.
Experience identifying, evaluating, and resolving financial, accounting and data quality discrepancies.
Ability to utilize dynamic spreadsheet / database design in providing comprehensive decision support to executive management.
Fluent in Spanish.
Work from home days possible.
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, pension plan, generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Assurant (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renter’s insurance; lender-placed homeowner’s insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. With approximately $42 billion in total assets and $8 billion in annualized revenue, Assurant is in 21 countries and operates across North America, Latin America, Europe and with an emerging footprint in Asia.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: jobs.assurant.com