Assurant’s mobile device protection program is designed to deliver superior repair and replacement results quickly to keep your customers connected to their daily lives. As the only vertically integrated provider that owns and integrates every stage of the device lifecycle, we deliver a seamless experience with dynamic claims fulfillment, award-winning customer service, and advanced diagnostic tech support. That means our customers get back up and running faster, more conveniently, and without hassle. Join the Connected Living software engineering team to leverage modern cloud technologies to solve customer problems around the globe.
What Makes us different?
- Our Engineering team leverage modern cloud technologies to solve customer problems around the globe.
- We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product.
- Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
- Our vision unites us. By living our purpose, values, and commitments, we’re working together toward a common goal; creating the future of Assurant.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- You are a passionate Business Analyst - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact . Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities … which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
- The Lead Business Systems Analyst primary role is to support systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance and growth. In addition, the Lead Business Systems Analyst contributes broad experience and a high level of expertise in business processes and system functionality. On project assignments of high risk and complexity, the position leads and directs activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, testing, training, and documentation.
- Acts as the customer / IT liaison during analysis, requirements definition and design activities; maintains an understanding of a broad range of business processes and related systems; provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions; collaborates with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives.
- Participates in the Project Management process; understands and applies the system development methodology; contributes to project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, and project, risk, resource and financial plans; communicates status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties; coordinates issues, tracking and resolution.
- Manages testing activities for maintenance and project assignments; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; prepares and reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinates, manages and participates in complex testing efforts.
- Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications; deals with the most complex system problem logs; works with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution; leads implementation support activities; directs and participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery or follow-up. Gathers, compiles, interprets and summarizes systems and business process changes; maintains system support tables.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5 years Business Systems Analyst experience working with Software Engineer teams.
- Requires ability to estimate, plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, and execute activities. Requires strong coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals.
- Requires ability to develop good working relationships with business sponsors, business partners and technical staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires proficiency with business system design/ modeling, documentation and analysis techniques, and testing methodologies.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in project management processes, including: project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance discipline or lead this discipline on small projects definition and execution of a test plan, which will include internal testing and user acceptance testing.
- Project Management and/or Business Systems Analyst Certification a plus
What are the working conditions and physical requirement of this job?
This is a virtual/remote position.
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 5%
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.