Overview of Position
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with great problem-solving skills who can turn financial insight into storytelling to join our Finance team. The Lead Financial Analyst role will business partner with Global Housing Homeowners product, operational, investor relations and enterprise finance teams to provide financial reporting, analyses, and forecasting for Lender Placed insurance products and cost centers. You will use your finance acumen to support several products that are positioned for significant growth with strategic clients. Challenging ad hoc requests are common and business partnering opportunities are plentiful.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Prepare data-driven variance analysis (actual results, plan, forecast) for specific financial statement lines (e.g. revenue, expenses, EBITDA, and metrics) for multiple insurance products and clients under the Homeowners line of business
- Identify, explain and provide insights into trends, drivers, key performance indicators, risks and opportunities by using data-driven approaches
- Prepare multi-year forecasts for Homeowners products and cost centers
- Prepare management reporting packages and presentations on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis
- Perform analytical assignments of a complex nature
- Business partner with the product, operational and enterprise finance teams
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial analysis and forecasting (must include revenue and expenses)
- Ability to lead teams and projects
- Ability to manipulate and analyze financial data, prepare financial reports, using an advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint, Power Query and Power BI
- Occasionally will have to work extended hours, weekends and be available for occasional business travel
- Knowledge of finance, accounting (including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), budgeting, variance analysis, financial statement consolidations and internal controls
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed to continuous learning and a continuous improvement culture as the business needs change
- Advanced problem-solving skills and sophisticated analytical techniques
- Experience identifying, evaluating and resolving financial, accounting and data quality discrepancies
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- SQL Server and Alteryx experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry
- IBM Planning Analytics (EPA and PAX) or experience with similar planning tools
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.