The Lead Analyst will be responsible for managing the LATAM and Canada Plan/Re-forecast cycle, Outlook and Quarter Close variance analysis. This role will support the LATAM and Canada regional teams, US based International Finance team and US based Lifestyle FP&A function. In addition, this role will be responsible for the International Trend Report.
· Co-ordinate and analyze the LATAM and Canada Plan/FC cycle.
· Ensure client and expense forecasts are robust and variances understood.
· Review LOB and FTE for LATAM and Canada.
· Business Partner with in-country FP&A teams.
· Produce value adding in-depth analysis for Lifestyle FP&A stakeholders and CFO’s.
· Gather insight by liaising with US based leaders including Actuary, IT and Corporate functions.
· Assist with the quarter close LATAM and Canada storylines including Revenue/EBITDA variance analysis for YoY, QoQ, YTD and vs Plan analysis.
· Identify and develop KPI’s and variance drivers for LATAM and Canada regions including subscriber counts.
· Understand the key R&O’s and emerging business issues in LATAM and Canada.
· Support ad hoc requests for Earnings Call.
· Maintain the International Trend report which consists of downloading data from EPA and regularly updating/setting-up by country P&L trends with variance comparisons and FX calculations.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in financial analytics and forecasting.
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections using an advanced level of Excel.
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams.
- A team player that can work in a complex and fast-paced environment
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.